Skip to main content

Planter Bench

You may remember that I was trying to build a pallet swing from this post a while back.

Well, life always has a way of changing your plans on you. We had future plans of building a planter but our dogs sped that plan up. There was a loose corner of our grass so we abandoned our swing and decided to build a planter.

We cut up all the pallets into 17" pieces then bolted them onto frames. We did the entire thing ourselves. It came our really, really well and makes the yard look great. Plus, the sage brush is a nice little plant that doesn't take a ton of care. I pretty much kill everything I try and plant. This one should live.

It rounds the yard out really well.

I love how the different colors of pallets make it really unique.

The dogs love it. We will randomly find Achilles chilling in the yard either on the bench or underneath it for shade.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Year Anniversary

May 15th is our anniversary. For out two year anniversary we went to the Grand Canyon. It really couldn't have been greater. Here are some of the pictures from this past weekend. This was our cabin and the view from our window We learned how to lasso and saw tadpoles Relaxed and enjoyed the view I do have some travel tips for you. If a place if called "Out of this World", you really should stop and try their food. Eat a burger, take a picture, order a cake (try to be better than me and snap a picture before you scarf it down), also, order a pizza to take back to your room. It'll be worth it. Trust me.

Summer

I had a great summer. I know I was gone for a while but I have LOTS of fun stuff to share with you guys. I redesigned the blog (awesome right?), got grass in the backyard (you can see a little pic of it at the top of the blog plus some pics in here), we grilled, and I did a super fun side job. Here are some pictures of us having fun. How tasty does this look? Can you guess what I'm doing for my side job? It's hard to see I know. My hubby took the picture with one of our cell phones. BUT I'm actually doing team pictures for a school. How exciting is that? So Brian started back in Boy Scouts. Now he was an eagle scout and it turns out he was the very first eagle scout from his troop. How many girls out there dreamed of a man in uniform? Well let this be a lesson to you. BE SPECIFIC when you dream and or pray for these things; otherwise, you will get a blurry picture of a dork. But after this update I had better take a break. It looks like someone i

Weekend Projects

UPDATE: 6-11-2013 I've since changed what the final project would be and made a planter bench out of pallets! Please check out the final project HERE . Does anyone have a running list of projects? Is that something only I do? As long as at least one of you does I feel better. In my phone I have this list, it has all the projects I'd like to do along with household chores that I consider projects. Cleaning the baseboards - that is totally a project, there is scrubbing and being on the floor for long periods of time. Definitely on the list. Making a new soap for the dish washer - project, tons of fun but not something that's usually done. Lately, only with house repairs, I've added making a front porch swing to my list! See, now the list sounds much more interesting. I keep seeing all these pictures of pallets used in different ways. pallets for benches { found at the johnston's } pallets for roofs { found at colemans in love } pallets for table