Skip to main content

Cookies for Two

A lot of you are gearing up for Christmas baking. Personally? I'm not so sure I'm going to do it.

Some of you may think that's absurd but I'm thinking it just might be practical this year. I work remotely from home, no workers to give cookies to. No holiday party at work this year, no platter of baked goods needed. I only know a couple neighbors and I actually don't know their names. We just smile and say hi and wave. Plus, of the family that's coming over, only a few of them eat sweets.

But lets be honest, can a 31 week pregnant lady go an entire holiday season without treats?

No!

What this means is that I will be trying lots of "Two Person" recipes. I can't promise you that I won't eat both servings but I can promise it's good news for you! Here is our first recipe:

Cookie in a Cup:
Makes one mug
1/4 cup flour
1 tbl butter
1 tbl sugar
1 tbl brown sugar
1 egg yolk (if you like egg white omelets you could save the white)
2 tbl chocolate chips (I only used 1 tbl but I'm all about the cookie and not the chips)
pinch of salt

Instructions:
1. Microwave butter until melted.
2. Add flour, sugars, and salt. Mix in egg yolk. Add desired amount of chocolate chips.
3. Microwave for 45-60 seconds. This is COMPLETELY a personal preference here. I like a crunchy cookie so I did it for the full 60. Brian likes a gooey cookie so his was only 45.

My mug is on the left and you can noticeably see that Brian's has more chocolate chips. Play around until you find the perfect amount. I won't judge if you eat more that one cookie mug in a night!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2 Year Anniversary

May 15th is our anniversary. For out two year anniversary we went to the Grand Canyon. It really couldn't have been greater. Here are some of the pictures from this past weekend. This was our cabin and the view from our window We learned how to lasso and saw tadpoles Relaxed and enjoyed the view I do have some travel tips for you. If a place if called "Out of this World", you really should stop and try their food. Eat a burger, take a picture, order a cake (try to be better than me and snap a picture before you scarf it down), also, order a pizza to take back to your room. It'll be worth it. Trust me.

Summer

I had a great summer. I know I was gone for a while but I have LOTS of fun stuff to share with you guys. I redesigned the blog (awesome right?), got grass in the backyard (you can see a little pic of it at the top of the blog plus some pics in here), we grilled, and I did a super fun side job. Here are some pictures of us having fun. How tasty does this look? Can you guess what I'm doing for my side job? It's hard to see I know. My hubby took the picture with one of our cell phones. BUT I'm actually doing team pictures for a school. How exciting is that? So Brian started back in Boy Scouts. Now he was an eagle scout and it turns out he was the very first eagle scout from his troop. How many girls out there dreamed of a man in uniform? Well let this be a lesson to you. BE SPECIFIC when you dream and or pray for these things; otherwise, you will get a blurry picture of a dork. But after this update I had better take a break. It looks like someone i

Weekend Projects

UPDATE: 6-11-2013 I've since changed what the final project would be and made a planter bench out of pallets! Please check out the final project HERE . Does anyone have a running list of projects? Is that something only I do? As long as at least one of you does I feel better. In my phone I have this list, it has all the projects I'd like to do along with household chores that I consider projects. Cleaning the baseboards - that is totally a project, there is scrubbing and being on the floor for long periods of time. Definitely on the list. Making a new soap for the dish washer - project, tons of fun but not something that's usually done. Lately, only with house repairs, I've added making a front porch swing to my list! See, now the list sounds much more interesting. I keep seeing all these pictures of pallets used in different ways. pallets for benches { found at the johnston's } pallets for roofs { found at colemans in love } pallets for table